- After Lorelai and Rory listen to Darren Springsteen’s message on the answering machine, they are standing discussing what they are going to do that day. The camera flips between Rory and Lorelai. In the first few shots of Lorelai, her hair is parted down the middle and flat against her head. In the last few shots of her, there is no visible part and her hair is poofed up a bit, softening her face.
- When Rory arrives at her grandparents’ house and pulls Lorelai into the study to talk, she receives a phone call from Paris who wants to talk about the seminar. Paris told Rory she tried to throw the questioning over to Rory because when the panel commented about weeding out the hyper-intense, Paris felt it was directed toward her. Actually in the seminar, Paris tries giving Rory the floor before the weeding comment was made.
- When Lorelai and Rory are talking about her Harvard application, Rory’s soda can changes positions between shots.
Paris tells Rory that Mr. Hunter wouldn’t allow her to use a giant video screen at their seminar, saying, “Paris, this isn’t the Beatles at Shea Stadium.” She then says to Rory, “Nice anachronism, huh? https://loansolution.com/payday-loans-nj/ Like they had video screens in ’63!” But Paris made an error herself, as the Beatles did not play Shea Stadium until 1965. This goof was corrected when the episode re-aired.
- Rory’s Book List: Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol
- When this episode was re-aired on , Paris’ dialogue about ‘video screens in ’63’ was redubbed to ‘video screens in ’65.’
- Music:“Tiny Cities Made of Ashes” by Modest Mouse “I Wanna Be Sedated” by The Ramones “Big in Japan” by Tom Waits “Smile” by Grant Lee Phillips
- This is the first appearance of Adam Brody (Dave Rygalski).
- When Rory says she is going to the bathroom at Darren’s house, she runs into the other daughter and talks. Then, Lorelai comes up and her and Rory go back downstairs together. Rory never ended up going to the bathroom.
Season 3 Episode 2: “Haunted Leg”
A night at the fights. But Lorelai has another chance at swept-off-her-feet romance: Kirk asks her out on a date.
- Annie Oakley
Lorelai: I mean, I’d like to have a good illness, something different, impressive. Just once I’d like to be able to say, “Yeah, I’m not feeling so good, my leg is haunted.”
TheraFlu is a brand of over-the-counter cold and flu medicines, from Novartis that contain different groupings of various cold and flu symptom medications.
Meeting of the minds is a phrase in contract law used to describe the intentions of the parties forming the contract.
Michel: Why, no, what a wonderful idea
I was actually going to fasten a large wedge of cheese to my head and lay on the ground until Mickey gets hungry and decides to crawl out and snack on my face.
Kirk: Well, my mother has developed a condition – makes her knees enormous. Yesterday I spent all morning cutting holes in her pants so she could sit, but other than that and the dyspeptic parrot problem, everything is fine.
The Legend of Bagger Vance is a 2000 American film directed by Robert Redford and starring Will Smith, Matt Damon and Charlize Theron.
Lorelai: I’ll join a local community theater and I’ll drive you to soccer. It’ll work for many years, until the FBI comes to get me, and by that time you’re on your own.